St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at Providence Health Care’s hospitals and residential care sites (including St. Paul’s Hospital.)
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a Development Officer to join its Development Team and augment its Asian Philanthropy Program. The successful candidate will be highly professional, self-motivated and detail-oriented with a good ability to multi-task in a support role.
The preferred candidate will have previous experience in event fundraising and personal solicitations, ideally within the Chinese community.
Please note that the ability to speak Cantonese and/or Mandarin, as well as to read/write/type Chinese, is considered a strong asset for this role.
The Development Officer is responsible for sustaining and growing the Asian Philanthropy Program in support of Providence Health Care residences, facilities and acute care sites including St. Paul’s Hospital, Mount Saint Joseph Hospital and St. Paul’s Foundation. This role is accountable for planning, executing and supporting the fundraising for the Foundation’s Feast of Fortune Gala. Working closely with the Major Gifts Team, this role will also be responsible for helping to grow our fundraising efforts and engagement with the Chinese community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Development Manager, Asian Program to support the Foundation’s efforts in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of gifts from Vancouver’s Chinese community.
- Work closely with the Feast of Fortune project team and other internal fundraising teams to solicit donations for the Gala and create events strategies that align with the Foundation’s Asian donor management needs and goals.
- Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key Feast of Fortune stakeholders including sponsors, donors, vendors, and volunteers. In particular, this role will work closely with the Feast of Fortune volunteer event committee to manage and support them in their roles.
- Manage event auction and raffle including securing donations, writing auction and raffle descriptions, creating promotional elements, and ensuring appropriate follow-up post event.
- Oversee the administration and coordination of event logistics including managing event budgets, creating and maintaining work plans, tracking event attendees and participation.
- Support the Special Events team in the production and execution of Feast of Fortune, which may include securing, negotiating and liaising with event vendors, training and management of day-of event volunteers and developing and maintaining event day schedule
- Work with Marketing & Communications to develop event marketing and communication strategies and materials
- Work with the members of the Donation Processing team, to ensure all donations and event ticket sales and purchases are recorded, tracked and receipted correctly;
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database to ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondence, and actions are recorded correctly;
- Contact donors, sponsors, participants and all other stakeholders, when requested, to ensure that all requests are handled on a timely basis;
- When applicable, work with other development and Foundation teams to further the mandate and goals of the Foundation.
Knowledge of St. Paul’s Hospital and Foundation
Maintains a working knowledge of St. Paul’s Foundation mission and its programs including promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness.
- Director, Seniors & Residential Care
- Development Manager, Asian Program
- Manager, Special Events
- Foundation President & CEO and staff
- Foundation volunteers
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to speak Cantonese fluently – and ideally Mandarin – as well as read/write/and type Chinese is consider a strong asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset
- Experience in English-Chinese translation is an asset
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to T.Dallas at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by 5:00pm on August 3rd, 2018, to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls and no staffing agents.
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research and teaching at St. Paul’s in Vancouver, B.C. Looking ahead to the new, state-of-the art St. Paul’s in 2022—and looking back, to our founding in 1894—the generosity of those in our community has made St. Paul’s the world-leading hospital it is today. www.helpstpauls.com.