Term: Full time permanent
Reports to: Director, Development
Office Location: 510 -1125 Howe Street (main office of the Foundation)
St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, B.C.
The Development Assistant equips the Foundation’s fundraising team, senior executive team, and volunteer board of directors with the information and background required to connect, proactively, with a wide community of caring supporters.
This position provides administrative support to:
- Major Gifts Team
- Planned Giving
- Board Liaison/Government Relations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide general administrative support to SPHF staff in Major Gifts, Board/Government Relations, Planned Giving and other units as assigned
- Using Microsoft office (Word and Excel) to process large, complex mailings, including mail merging, printing and assembly of packages
- Preparing thank-you letters and general correspondence based on templates, preparing letters for signature and mailings
- Preparing information kits for donor or hospital meetings
- Preparing for hospital or donor meetings by booking meeting rooms, ordering catering, and/or preparing relevant documents
- Receiving donations and preparing them for Donations Processing
- Processing mass emails
- Scheduling meetings, including with hospital representatives, as well as ad-hoc and committee board meetings, and Hospital Tours
- Requesting/pulling and sorting constituent lists for events and mailings
- Reviewing mailing and recognition lists, as directed by primaries
- Assembly and distribution of board packages
- Sending reminders for events
- Calling donors to follow-up on activity such as returned mail/no valid addresses or to request email contacts
- Documenting activity in Raiser’s Edge database, ensuring data is entered according to policy
- File research for Planned Giving (reviewing files and assembling pertinent information for file manager to review)
- General file management /clean up both on the network drive and Raiser’s Edge
- Maintaining and updating the Shared Calendar
- Tracking communication requests from Hospital Staff
- Merging, printing, finalizing and mailing group stewardship packages
- Assisting in coverage of St. Paul’s Hospital onsite office periodically or as required
- Periodical Reception coverage as required
- Paul’s Hospital Foundation staff, particularly the Director Development; Manager Planned Giving; Manager, Governance and Community Engagement; Development Officer, Major Gifts; Stewardship Officer and other Development Officers within the Foundation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum two years relevant experience
- Able to contribute to and participate in a positive work environment with professionalism and a service-oriented attitude
- Highly effective and professional interpersonal skills and collaborative team player. Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail, including in written communication
- Computer literacy and skills required, specifically with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), including the ability to manage large mail merges.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (or similar CRM or database program) considered an asset
- A high degree of initiative, discernment and resourcefulness, and thoughtfulness in decision-making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Verbal and written communication in Mandarin considered an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to exercise good relationship building skills as well as tact, discretion and good judgment
- Able to work independently and as a team member and support more than one person at a time
- Able to prioritize projects and multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation.
Please direct applications (resume and cover letter together as one file, in PDF or Word) to: email@example.com. Attention to Tracy Dallas.
Posting closes at 5:00pm PST on September 25, 2015.
Due to volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.