St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a Manager, Corporate to join its Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Campaign, the successful candidate will have demonstrated success in major gifts and corporate fundraising, ideally achieved in a complex Hospital setting.
The preferred candidate is a confident solicitor with proven success with “asks” of $100K+ and will demonstrate exceptional abilities in donor engagement and solicitation. With perseverance and a desire to achieve, the new incumbent will successfully navigate a complex organization and be solutions-focused.
Experience: The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record of fundraising success.
Accountability: The Manager, Corporate is responsible for raising funds in support of St. Paul’s Hospital and St. Paul’s Foundation. This role is to cultivate, solicit and oversee stewardship of donors with capacity to make a minimum $100K annual donation in addition to being accountable for the effective development, implementation and execution of strategic major gift fundraising plans within an assigned medical portfolio. This role will also manage an active fundraising portfolio consisting of 75 – 100 accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring goals for meaningful donor interactions (activity) and fundraising targets (financials) are met or exceeded as well as fundraising targets of a defined medical portfolio and its respective funding priorities.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and stewarding gifts for the assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors.
- Strategy development for sponsorship of the Foundation’s key fundraising events.
- Work with the Director of Campaign and the Campaign Executive Committee to execute the Campaign Plan for the new St. Paul’s.
- Working in collaboration with Hospital stakeholders and members of the Communications and Marketing team, develop personal correspondence and proposal materials for prospective donors to generate gifts for priority projects.
- Working with the members of the Donation Processing and Stewardship and Donor Relations teams, recognize and steward donors as gifts they are received; and with the Events Coordinator maintain and coordinate stewardship activities including recognition events, tours, donor wall, naming opportunities etc.
- Coordinate and participate in strategy meetings before donor/ stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborate with team members on donor management to facilitate effective transition from annual to Corporate and planned giving pipelines.
- Coaching team members on fundraising to maximize impact, sharing knowledge, ideas, and updates in a timely and effective manner, being mindful of competing schedules and deadlines.
- Prepare briefing and debriefing materials in preparation for meetings with donors and key stakeholders.
- Follow established procedures on Raiser’s Edge database for tracking and qualifying prospects and for recording and reporting gifts and ensure that all communications, contacts, correspondence, and actions are recorded.
- Prepare an annual work plan together with the Development team.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Directors of Major Gifts, Campaign and Chief Development Officer.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and techniques of charitable giving and become informed about the tax aspects of charitable gifts and new legislation and revenue rulings affecting such gifts.
- When applicable, work with other development and Foundation teams to further the mandate and goals of the Foundation.
- Post secondary degree in relevant discipline or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with a proven track record of fundraising success.
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated management capabilities (staff and volunteers)
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and collaborative team player. Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover letter to the attention of T. Dallas to:
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation.
About St. Paul’s Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver, BC. www.helpstpauls.com
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s is a world renowned centre of research, teaching and patient care. Since 1894, St. Paul’s has built a tradition of excellence and compassionate care for the people of BC, including some of our most marginalized populations. Today, St. Paul’s cares for hundreds of thousands of people each year and conducts research and teaching initiatives that benefit patients locally, nationally and globally.