Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a Full Cycle Bookkeeper/Junior Accountant to join its Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established, well respected foundation while being involved in the growth of a newly rejuvenated team.
The Bookkeeper/Junior Accountant reports directly to the Vice President, Operations and CFO assisting with the day-to-day accounting and financial activities of the Foundation.
Experience: The successful candidate must have at least two years experience working as a full cycle bookkeeper, preferably with a registered charity or not-for-profit organization. Having working knowledge of accounting software PeopleSoft preferred. Raiser’s Edge experience considered an asset.
Education: Certificate or Diploma in Accounting
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of fund accounting in the charities / not-for-profit sector and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in computerized accounting and other financial systems.
- PeopleSoft Accounting Software experience preferred.
- Raiser’s Edge Database considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Good attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and be a team player, work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and tact, with ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Monthly bank and G/L account reconciliations.
- Data entry of journal entries into the PeopleSoft system.
- Visa credit card reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of Visa/Mastercard/Amex on-line/web credit card donation notifications with the deposits to the bank account. Discrepancies to be resolved immediately.
- Respond to queries, fund balances, and commitments outstanding to Fund Signatories and Foundation Staff.
- Print and distribute Cost Centre Reports and to Foundation Staff.
- Assists with the update and maintenance of the signatories and terms of reference related to various Fund accounts.
- Assists with the preparation of the monthly financial statements and reports.
- Assists with the preparation of financial schedules and working papers related to the annual audit and provides information and assistance as required to the external auditors during the course of the audit.
- Assists with gathering and collecting data on special projects.
- Assists with database department as required.
- Other duties as required.
About St. Paul’s Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research and teaching at St. Paul’s in Vancouver, B.C. Looking ahead to the new, state-of-the art St. Paul’s in 2022—and looking back, to our founding in 1894—the generosity of those in our community has made St. Paul’s the world-leading hospital it is today. www.helpstpauls.com
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s is a world renowned centre of research, teaching and patient care. Since 1894, St. Paul’s has built a tradition of excellence and compassionate care for the people of BC, including some of our most marginalized populations. Today, St. Paul’s cares for hundreds of thousands of people each year and conducts research and teaching initiatives that benefit patients locally, nationally and globally.
Please direct applications (resume and cover letter together as one file, in PDF or Word) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention to Tracy Dallas.
POSTING IS CLOSED
Due to volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.