Events & Donor Relations Officer
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a Events & Donor Relations Officer to join our team.
St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital.
The Special Events Officer position will lead and/or assist with the organization and production of all events (fundraising, stewardship, and recognition). The role is also accountable for assisting in ongoing stewardship and recognition projects and programs to foster long-term donor relationships for the Foundation.
- Assist the Manager, Special Events to organize and execute annual signature events including the Brilliant! Fashion Show; Lights of Hope Celebration Event; Feast of Fortune
- With direction from the Manager, Special Events, lead the organization and execution of reoccurring and one-time donor recognition events
- Source in-kind donations including live auction items, gift bags and prizes
- Manage guest lists, in-kind donor lists, recognition lists and organizational lists
- Prepare event materials including briefing notes, nametags and sign-in sheets
- Create and uphold project critical paths and timelines
- Document ongoing activities and keep database records up to date in a timely manner
- Assist with the recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers for our large-scale events
- Source and assist in the organization of entertainment for outdoor event such as food trucks, choir groups, kid entertainments, etc.
- Strengthen relationships with creative contributors such as salons, designers, artists, dancers, event volunteers etc.
- Strategize cross department collaborations to increase effective event collaboration (such as with communication and fundraising teams)
- Gather up-to-date information for the production of event literature and collateral materials
- Coordinate administrative activities for recognition and stewardship programs of the Foundation (i.e. donor wall, annual giving societies, loyal donor program and holiday mailings)
- Assume other tasks as assigned by the Director, Stewardship & Donor Relations, and the Manager, Special Events
The Events and Donor Relations Officer is supervised by the Manager, Special Events and is led by the Director of Stewardship, Donor Relations with a Manager of Donor Relations and Stewardship Officer that completes the stewardship team.
- 3-5 years relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to contribute to and participate in a positive work environment with professionalism and a service-oriented attitude.
- Effective and professional interpersonal skills and collaborative team player.
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with Raiser’s Edge or a like database.
- Resourcefulness and thoughtfulness in decision-making.
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Able to build relationships as well as tact, discretion and good judgment
- Able to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to prioritize projects and multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover letter to the attention of R. Edwards to: email@example.com by 5pm on July 21st, 2017.
Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation.
About St. Paul’s Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support compassionate, inspired care at all Providence Health Care hospitals and residences in British Columbia.
Combined, these sites engage close to 8,000 doctors, health care providers, support staff and researchers who care for hundreds of thousands of British Columbians every year, from neo-natal care to palliative care.
Working closely with our care providers, St. Paul’s Foundation is proud to engage our community to support world-class research, education and patient care.
Support from the community, especially donations, has been key to Providence Health Care since its founding in 1896. Today, many Providence physicians and researchers are world figures in numerous fields including heart and lung, renal, HIV/AIDS and elder care. Since its founding in 1986, St. Paul’s Foundation has played an integral role in supporting this work.