Administrative Assistant, Finance
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join its Finance team. This is a newly created position and a unique opportunity to join a well-established, well respected Foundation while being involved in the growth of a newly rejuvenated team.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the ideal candidate is highly organized, self-motivated with strong administrative skills and experience. Working with the Finance and database team, excellent attention to detail, strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to multi-task are a must for this role.
- Providing administrative support to the CFO; calendar and contact management, meeting preparation, travel/hotel reservations, internal and external communication, meeting arrangements, etc.
- Processing invoices, expense reports and credit card reconciliations
- Assisting with bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Preparing bank deposits
- Assisting with file organization and documentation
- Assisting in database management
- Retrieving, sorting, and distributing incoming mail from SPH’s Mailroom
- Distributing outgoing mail to SPH’s Mailroom
- Providing back-up to 5th Floor Reception
- Providing support for SPF events and meetings as required
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Post Education, degree or diploma;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge considered an asset;
- Sound judgment and tact; and
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Finance and Database team
- SPF staff
- PHC Accounting Personnel
- SPF Board Finance Committee Members
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by January 18, 2019. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only those candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
About St. Paul’s Hospital and St. Paul’s Foundation:
St. Paul’s Hospital is a major academic health science centre located in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. The hospital is part of Providence Health Care (PHC), one of the largest faith based health care organizations in Canada.
St. Paul’s Foundation (SPF) facilitates the work of Providence Health Care as it continues to grow as a community, regional and academic health science enterprise that is a recognized leader, and a major player, in the provision of health care within British Columbia. This is achieved by raising funds and building relationships in support of enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at St. Paul’s Hospital (SPH).