Communications Officer, Digital Specialist
St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at Providence Health Care’s hospitals and residential care sites (including St. Paul’s Hospital.)
The Communications Officer, Digital Specialist works with the Manager, Marketing and Communications to implement strategies to support St. Paul’s Foundation’s long-term communications and marketing vision. The role is also responsible for managing day-to-day digital communications operations of the Foundation, which includes working with the rest of the Communications team and other staff to develop and execute plans to support the continued growth of the Foundation’s programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, project manage and evaluate digital marketing and communications strategies to support the objectives of the communications team and the Foundation as a whole;
- Manage the Foundation’s digital communications strategy, including websites and social media;
- Project manage all web and social content and the Foundation’s brand presence on digital platforms;
- Work with communications team and external service providers to produce Foundation digital and print materials and ensure quality control and brand consistency is maintained;
- Project manage the development of a wide range of designed and written materials, including editorial content, presentations, fundraising proposals, ads, key messages, marketing collateral, letters, Q&As;
- Provide specific digital communications plans, advice and support for major initiatives related to fundraising portfolios, including special events;
- Use web analytics, SEO, AdWords and other digital marketing tools to increase profile of the Foundation and specific campaigns;
- Manage digital agency relationships;
- Design digital media campaigns aligned with business goals; create and post digital content (e.g. social content, website, blogs);
- Monitor ROI and KPI’s of digital campaigns; own and maintain site analytics, metrics, and campaign reporting;
- Stay up-to-date with digital media developments;
- Provide advice and support to Foundation staff on digital outreach initiatives;
- Liaise with members of the media to secure positive media coverage of Foundation activities, secure media sponsorship for Foundation campaigns.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience, preferably in a non-profit environment;
- Communications, digital marketing or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred;
- Proficiency in project management and ability to complete multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Experience using a CMS (preferably WordPress), social media and other e-tools in a communications capacity;
- Demonstrated experience creating content for and managing corporate social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. This must include running paid advertising campaigns, including using boosting posts and re-targeting for key demographics;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Superior writing and editing skills;
- Understanding of branding, graphic design and print and web production principles and best practices;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Exceptional computer skills. Proficiency in any or all of the following would be helpful:
- Microsoft Office, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, email marketing, HTML, Luminate;
- Sound judgment and tact; and ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Available to work occasional weekend and evening hours
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to T.Dallas at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by 5:00pm on August 10th, 2018, to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls and no staffing agents.
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research and teaching at St. Paul’s in Vancouver, B.C. Looking ahead to the new, state-of-the art St. Paul’s in 2022—and looking back, to our founding in 1894—the generosity of those in our community has made St. Paul’s the world-leading hospital it is today. www.helpstpauls.com.