Communications Officer (Writing Specialist)
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Communications Officer to join its Communications team.
The Communications Officer works with the Manager, Marketing and Communications to implement strategies to support St. Paul’s Foundation’s long-term communications and marketing vision. The role is also responsible for general project management of communications operations of the Foundation, which includes working with the rest of the Communications team and other staff to develop and execute plans to support the continued growth of the Foundation’s programs.
- Write/edit a wide range of materials, tailoring writing style for editorial content, presentations, media materials, collateral, fundraising proposals, presentations, speaking notes, key messages, letters, Q&As, and;
- Liaise with members of the media to secure positive media coverage of Foundation activities, secure media sponsorship for Foundation campaigns;
- Execute and evaluate marketing and communications strategies to support the objectives of the communications team and the Foundation as a whole;
- Work with communications team and external service providers to produce Foundation print and digital materials and ensure quality control and brand consistency is maintained;
- Provide advertising and editorial plans, advice and support for initiatives related to fundraising portfolios, including special events;
- Provide advice and support to Foundation staff on print and editorial projects;
- Day-to-day contact for creative agencies;
- Support the Digital Communications Specialist with content for web and social media;
- Stay up-to-date with current editorial and storytelling best practices.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience, preferably in a non-profit or agency environment;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Proven ability to deliver media relations results;
- Maintains a strong understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional, online, paid) and actively fosters relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers/influencers;
- Communications, journalism or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred;
- Proficiency in project management and ability to complete multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Understanding of branding, graphic design, publishing, and print and web production principles and best practices;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience using a CMS (preferably WordPress), social media and other e-tools in a communications capacity;
- Exceptional computer skills. Proficiency in any or all of the following would be helpful:
- Microsoft Office, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, email marketing, HTML, Luminate, Raiser’s Edge and Teamraiser;
- Sound judgment and tact; and ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ HOURS
Full time (37.5 hours/ week), with occasional attendance at evening or weekend events/ meetings
Commensurate with experience plus benefits and a pension plan
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting applications until February 19th, 2018