Major Gifts Coordinator
St. Paul’s Foundation is currently seeking a fundraiser-in-training to support and shadow senior fundraising staff on the Major Gifts team. The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a fundraising organization, ideally with major gifts in a hospital setting.
General Accountability: The Major Gifts Coordinator will support the sustainability and growth of the Major Gifts Program which raises money for Providence Health Care’s priorities, including the new St. Paul’s and greatest needs. As a member of the Major Gifts team, you will be responsible for a range of fundraising activities including cultivating and building relationships, soliciting donations, helping with events, and writing proposals.
Accountability: You will support fundraising plans and strategies directed toward donors with the capacity to make annual gifts at the $10k+ level. Partnered with the Development team’s senior fundraising staff, you will be accountable for a donor portfolio of 50-75 constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed goals for meaningful donor activity and fundraising targets.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans to identify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward gifts for your assigned donor portfolio, including upgrading existing donors.
- Draft written materials including cases for support and proposals for approved fundraising priorities which clearly explain the investment opportunities for prospective donors.
- Foster good working relationships with key hospital staff.
- Work with members of the Donation Processing and Stewardship and Donor Relations teams to recognize and steward donors as gifts are received.
- Coordinate and participate in strategy and debriefing meetings before and after donor/stakeholder meetings.
- Maintain the institutional memory of evolving donor relationships by following practices in the Development team manual.
- Collaborate with colleagues on donor management to facilitate the transition from annual giving to major gifts and planned giving.
- Assist with stewardship activities including recognition events and tours.
- Contribute to the Development team’s annual business planning.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Chief Development Officer and the Directors of Major Gifts and Campaign.
- Stay current on Major Gift fundraising trends and strategies.
- Not all duties are listed.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills to engage, motivate, and leverage stakeholders internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills; experience with Raiser’s Edge an asset.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Available to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Ethical: behaviour is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of C. Tupper at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by August 16th, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
About St. Paul’s Foundation:
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support compassionate, inspired care at Providence Health Care’s 17 sites across BC, including St. Paul’s Hospital. The funds we raise help put patients and residents first, through a collaborative, integrated approach that includes the best in clinical care, world-class research, and education. With fundraising and strategic partnerships, the Foundation supports Providence – a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster – to build on its long history of innovation, leading research, and advancements in care for the people of British Columbia and beyond. www.helpspauls.com