Resource and Information Officer
St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for this unique opportunity to join an experienced and enthusiastic team of professionals to raise funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment, research and teaching at Providence Health Care’s hospitals and residential care sites (including St. Paul’s Hospital.)
The Resource and Information Officer is responsible for drafting accurate, timely and current records in Raiser’s Edge Database and shared folders, documenting institutional memory and relationship building to facilitate open communication and a team based fundraising environment.
Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts, the Resource and Information Officer maintains the information process for establishing Deed of Gift and other donor documents including Memorandum of Understanding and Letter of Intent documents as needed by members of the fundraising team.
- Stays informed and up-to-date on internal strategies for donor engagement, changes in the philanthropic environment and donor preferences and works collaboratively to develop and implement best practices to achieve revenue results.
- Responsible for drafting briefing and debriefing materials as requested by a Director
- Drafts various types of formal and informal correspondence including memos, letters, e-mails invitations, presentations, and speaking notes all adhering to the Foundation’s standards.
- Participates in the identification and qualification process of potential donors.
- Ensures proper processing of gifts, pledges and receipts.
- Interprets, advises an ensure adherence to agreements and policies including Chairs, Professorships and other honorific positions.
- Responsible for creating and updating fund balance and priority statements for monthly meetings between Development Portfolio Managers and designated Hospital contacts.
- Ensures approved Funding Priorities have updated case materials.
- Maintains an inventory of Funding Opportunities and relevant supporting information.
- With guidance from the Directors of Major Gifts and Campaign, develops and assists with implementation of G Drive organization, naming conventions and archiving policy.
• Research Analyst, Research & Prospect Management
• Foundation staff
• Director of Major Gifts
• Chief Development Officer
- Post secondary degree in relevant discipline or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Raisers Edge an asset.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and collaborative team player. Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly computer-literate with excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Ethical behavior: ensures own behaviour and that of others is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to T.Dallas at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by 5:00pm on May 4, 2018, to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls and no staffing agents.
About St. Paul’s Foundation
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds for enhanced patient care, capital projects, equipment needs, research, teaching and innovation to improve the care of patients at St. Paul’s and other Providence Health Care hospitals and residences in British Columbia. www.helpstpauls.com
About St. Paul’s Hospital
St. Paul’s is a world renowned centre of research, teaching and patient care. Since 1894, St. Paul’s has built a tradition of excellence and compassionate care for the people of BC, including some of our most marginalized populations. Today, St. Paul’s cares for hundreds of thousands of people each year and conducts research and teaching initiatives that benefit patients locally, nationally and globally.