Administrative Assistant, Finance
St. Paul’s Foundation welcomes applications for a newly created position within our Finance team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Administrative Assistant is highly organized, self-motivated with strong administrative skills and experience. Working with the Finance and database team, excellent attention to detail, strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to multi-task are a must for this role.
- Providing administrative support to the CFO; calendar and contact management, meeting preparation, travel/hotel reservations, internal and external communication, meeting arrangements, etc.
- Processing invoices, expense reports and credit card reconciliations.
- Assisting with bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Preparing bank deposits.
- Assisting with file organization and documentation.
- Assisting in database management.
- Retrieving, sorting, and distributing incoming mail from St. Paul’s Hospital (SPH) Mailroom.
- Distributing outgoing mail to SPH’s Mailroom.
- Providing back-up to 5th Floor Reception.
- Providing support for St. Paul’s Foundation (SPF) events and meetings as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Post Education, degree or diploma.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge considered an asset.
- Sound judgment and tact.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material with discretion.
- Collaborative team player with effective and professional interpersonal skills.
- Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- A high degree of initiative, discernment, and resourcefulness; thoughtfulness in decision-making.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ethical: behavior is consistent with the mission and values of St. Paul’s Foundation.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Finance and Database team
- SPF staff
- PHC Accounting Personnel
- SPF Board Finance Committee Members
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of J. Boulter at SPFCareers@providencehealth.bc.ca by November 15th, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Paul’s Foundation. Only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
About St. Paul’s Foundation:
St. Paul’s Foundation raises funds to support compassionate, inspired care at Providence Health Care’s 17 sites across BC, including St. Paul’s Hospital. The funds we raise help put patients and residents first through a collaborative, integrated approach that includes the best in clinical care, world-class research, and education. With fundraising and strategic partnerships, the Foundation supports Providence – a founding member of Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster – to build on its long history of innovation, leading research, and advancements in care for the people of British Columbia and beyond. www.helpspauls.com